A Rare Glimpse

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Life....

...it can get so infuriatingly busy that I lose focus, feel very little motivation and I want to curl up under the covers and sleep...or read a really good book for hours without end.

Why do I always fall for the lie that "now isn't the time", that there's "more time" later to work with?
Why do I fall for the lies that say I'm not good enough, I'm not worth it, I'm not loveable?
Why do I allow myself to think that my identity rests on what I do, not who I really am?

When life throws a curveball or seems too overwhelming, why do I feel the need to retreat, and hide in my shell like a turtle?

Emotions well up and spill over, spin like a whirlwind...they bombard my thoughts in the moments when it is supposed to be the restful states of my mind.

It is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel but I know it is there...because the path is familiar, yet unfamiliar.